Best Diet for Managing Type 2 Diabetes
- Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:35
Since it is important to control your weight with diabetes, a proper diet is essential to keeping your diabetes under control. Eating healthy can make it possible to lose weight and prevent spikes in your blood sugar. A good balance of carbohydrates, fat and protein is needed. Ensure that you eat fewer calories, foods that are high in monounsaturated fats and a small amount of carbohydrates with each meal. Keep these foods as a regular part of your diet:
• Beans. A high quality carbohydrate that can stabilize your blood-sugar levels. Combine with protein and a healthy fat for a filling and balanced meal.
• Broccolli, Mushrooms, Peppers, Spinach. These are low-calorie vegies and consist of quality carbohydrates. As a result, they do not have a significant affect on blood-sugar levels, the amount you consume is limitless.
• Egg Whites. Good source of proteins and carbohydrates.
• Fish. Unfried fish can be an excellent source of protein. Add beans or vegetables to make a high-quality meal. Salmon and sardines contain omega 3's.
• Fat-free Yogurt. Helps prevent or slow hyperglycemia because its high in carbohydrates and protein.
• Monosaturated Fats. Helps manage carbohydrates in the body. Improves insulin use. Improves heart function. Almonds and avocados are a few.
• Magnesium-rich foods. Reduces the risk of developing diabetes. Almonds, pumpkin seeds, and spinach are a few.
• Oatmeal. A good food for preventing and managing diabetes. The fiber it contains helps slow the absorbtion of sugar from food in the stomach. Add healthy toppings to oatmeal to increase its benefits.
Also, remember to exercise regular. When you breathe faster and your heart rate increases it lowers your blood sugar level. Try walking 30 minutes a day.